Monday, March 28, 2011

Back to Reality

I'm back, doing the every day grind! We had a great weekend. Saturday we went to Birmingham to visit my future in-laws! They have a great family, and we had a lot of fun playing Settlers of Cataan (The greatest board game of all, I might add!), making guacamole, and jumping on the trampoline. That evening, Stu and I started our trek back to Oxford. I had just checked the weather on my phone and commented on a ll the ugly looking storm cells that seemed to be hovering all along HWY 78, when all of a sudden the tornado siren went off. We made a u-turn and went back to the house. As we watched the weather we learned of a huge wall cloud, with rotation and nickel sized hail, right where we were going!  I was so glad we turned around! Sunday morning, Stu and I woke up at 5 AM to drive back to Oxford.

All of my furniture is in Oxford, since I now live with my parents and there is no room for it in our house.  My box spring kept falling off the support brackets on either one side or the other, so I called Home Depot Sunday to have them cut me some 1 x 4 slats. I wrestled the double sided queen sized pillow top mattress off bed. Then I wrestled the box spring, measured for my slats, and called to see if the slats could be cut for me and I could pick them up. The man on the phone was a little snarky about my request, and told me the saw wasn't accurate, and he couldn't guarantee the cuts would be 60.25". I asked him how much of a variance there was and he old me 0.25- 0.5"! I told him never mind then and hung up, but the more I thought about it, the more determined I became to get my slats. I traveled to Home Depot with my measurements and requested my wood be cut. After the first pieces were cut, I stepped over to them and whipped out my own tape measure. After that, they realized I meant business, and magically my wood was cut to perfect standard. I made up my bed with the new duvet cover I had ordered from Crate and Barrel months ago. It looked very lovely, if I do say so myself!


I arrived home late last night. Mom waited up for me, and to see my ring! Today I am back at school. I go to class 40 hrs a week and work about 32 hrs each weekend on night shift. It gets tedious, but I am almost finished with school, and it will be much better then. I am glad we are giving ourselves a year to plan the wedding. I think trying to go to school, work, working out, and planning a wedding, along with eating and sleeping may be a little too much for me to handle!

My next big projects are starting a pre-wedding bible study, tackling the guest list, and saving up for the photographer deposit. I am getting excited about some engagement photos! After we get those, save the dates can go out! Only 376 days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment